About Us

On November 19, 1756, a small group of native-born Scots and Scottish Americans met in lower Manhattan to form what is now the oldest established charitable organization in the Empire State — Saint Andrew’s Society of the State of New York.

We have grown considerably over the last two and one half centuries from those few Colonial gentlemen to over 500 men and women of Scottish blood and Heritage, residing in all regions of the tri-state area and beyond.

The original charity “box” of the Scots Society of New York, our predecessor, founded in 1744 has grown, through the generosity of our membership and the acumen of the Investments Committee, into several substantial funds that allow the Society to fulfill its charitable purpose in ways that would make our founders most proud.     Today, the Society continues to be a port of call for those Scots who have come to America and are in need of support and financial assistance.